Pharma Wrap-Up: 6 Stories From Around The Globe
June 15th, 2012 | General » Blog »
1. Pfizer, Inc. announced it will cut 177 jobs in Ireland following the expiration of Lipitor's patent.
2. Roche Holding AG said that its arthritis drug, RoActemra, performed better than Abbott's arthritis drug, Humira, in trial.
3. Drug makers in Britain warned that radical changes in the medicine pricing system will undermine medical research.
4. Novartis released promising results for its drug, Ilaris, against systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA).
5. Merck KGaA and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories announced a collaboration to develop cheap versions of biologic drugs.
6. Seventy years after the Dengue virus killed thousands of soldiers in war; Sanofi may have won the battle to develop a vaccine.